As an Australian, who has parents living in Poland I would like to express my dissapointment and disgust with the service level I've experiance I 've had at your supermarket in gdansk, Poland. After purchusing the Whirpool fridge, which evidently weas faulty(conversation with your sevice provider)I did not get any satisfaction from your represantative and any assistance to resolve the probblem. I've bought that fridge to help my parents as as a gift, but it seems to me that bought them a problem. It took me 1 hour and 15 mins to find out where I can place my complaint about faulty product, which was purchased at YOUR store. And as a matter of fact YOUR staff members would not give me their full name , so I could place a complaint. To Topple this off, YOUR staff told me that I have to live without the fridge nearly for the week. If this is YOUR definition for a customer service I will apply to Collins dictionary to change a meanings of this word and wiil place this e-mail on Your website.
Regards dissatisfied custimer.
P.S. Even your service provider from Whirlpool was discusted with your service.
Please feel free to discuss this matter at any time.
Reagards